Terrorism Is Serious - Call 911 + This
The above video covers a UK approach to terrorism
- Know Your Situational Awareness - Look For Points for Escape
- Listen To Your Gut - Instincts
- Quickly Report The Condition To An Officer, Security or 911 - Wherever Possible
- Exit The Area To A Safe Protected Space - Follow Emergency Instructions /Avoid Emergency Help Obstruction - Help Authorities When Requested
- Call 911 - If Needed, Turn Your Phone Ringer Off To Avoid Exposing Your Safe Place Or Disrupting Emergency Efforts
- Remain calm and be patient.
- Follow the advice of local emergency officials.
- Listen to your radio or television for news and instructions.
- If the event occurs near you, check for injuries. Give first aid and get help for seriously injured people.
- If the event occurs near your home while you are there, check for damage using a flashlight. Do not light matches or candles or turn on electrical switches. Check for fires, fire hazards and other household hazards. Sniff for gas leaks, starting at the water heater. If you smell gas or suspect a leak, turn off the main gas valve, open windows, and get everyone outside quickly.
- Shut off any other damaged utilities.
- Confine or secure your pets.
- Call your family contact—do not use the telephone again unless it is a life-threatening emergency.
- Check on your neighbors, especially those who are elderly or disabled.
Preventing Terrorist Attacks How You Can Help